Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mint Chocolate Muddy Buddies

Let's talk about mistakes.

Like when you take a "forever" email address, create a blog, and then are told that the domain is changing. And so you're like "Oh, I have a year; I'll copy my posts to a new blog later and everything will be great." And then later shows up sooner than expected and everything is not great but gone.



Oops.

Or that time you make muddy buddies (or puppy chow, whatevs) and it comes out as a chunk of chocolate with some chex thrown in and sprinkles of powdered sugar on top. Not the same as momma makes, my friends, not the same. Note. That experience was back in college, and I totally subjected my friends to the disaster and made them eat it. Poor them.


So, this past week, I spent a few hours of my spring break re-creating my blog and playing around in the kitchen making muddy buddies with mint chocolate. Best thing ever!


I also did a bit of relaxing and refueling, in between writing papers, of course.



Needless to say, schtuff got done.


Confession: I totally made the muddy buddies for the boy. But he was late coming home because of an exam (ew.) and had to deal with having a few less than when I started. I was hungry, he was late, these things happen. #SorryI'mnotsorry

Mint Chocolate Muddy Buddies
From Shugary Sweets

  • 8oz chocolate Baker's Chocolate (or chocolate bark)- I used semi-sweet
  • 2/3 of a 3.5oz Mint Chocolate Bar (Endangered Species or Green & Black) - I just broke the bar
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 5 cups Rice Chex cereal
  • 1 bag York Peppermint Patty Candies (the ones like M&Ms)

In microwave, melt chocolates together for one minute, stir and continue melting in 30 second intervals until smooth. (It took about 2.5 - 3 minutes total). 

 
In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal with melted chocolate. Folding with a large wooden spoon until all cereal is coated.

 
In a large, gallon sized ziploc bag, add powdered sugar. Spoon in chocolate cereal mixture. Seal bag and shake until powdered sugar is coating all the cereal completely. Pour onto a large piece of wax paper and allow chocolate to set. 

 
Combine candies with chex. Indulge!

 
Note. I halved the original recipe because it was just for the boy and I. For the full batch, double the above.



 So minty. So chocolatey. So good...

No comments:

Post a Comment